Other 20 Week Pics:
21 Weeks - June 23, 2011
- You have really started grabbing our faces this week and pulling Daddy and I close to you for a snuggle.
- Also, you are getting good and wrapping your arms around my neck for a hug. You are especially snuggly after a nap. It melts my heart!
- Your hand eye coordination is getting so good! You have a bird hanging from your car seat that you can pull down and then it vibrates as it goes back up. I always hear you tugging on it in the car. :) The other day, after I put you in the car seat, I stood outside the car for a few minutes and just watched your clumsy arms stretch out for your swinging bird. You had sheer concentration on your face as you steadied your arms to grab onto your bird's foot and yank it down!
- You are getting SO determined to crawl! You are getting good at stretching out and pushing yourself closer to your toys ( which I've been putting just out of arms reach). You are getting better at pulling your knees up underneath you.
- You are also seeming to understand that you can bounce a little in your Johnny Jump Up. I can't wait for you to really start jumping!! Until then, you are enjoying standing up in it.
- Your daddy thinks you are beginning to look more like me as a baby. He says you have the same expressions as me. :) He also says that this must mean that your future baby sister Ellery will look just like him. :)
- You went to your first baseball game this week! We had a family date to the Keizer Volcanoes game. You watched a few innings (literally, you sat there and stared straight ahead at the game), and then you conked out for the next few, and then woke up for a couple more. :) You seemed to really enjoy it!
- Mommy left you for the longest time yet - for over 2 hours! I left you home with daddy while I met some ladies for coffee from 5:45-8 am! You were still sleeping when I got home. (And so was your dad.) :)
- You celebrated daddy for his first Father's Day this week!
- You are a total boy! We had you laying on your tummy on the ground and you kept ripping farts loudly...and then giggling after each time. It was so cute.
- After you eat, you love to stand up on me and put your arms around my neck and burrow your head into my shoulder. It is the sweetest thing in the world and I really am hoping you never outgrow it.
- I've taught you a trick! If you have a toy on the ground, I lower you down to it, say "pick up your toy!" and you do! Then I raise you back up and you keep holding it to play with it. I'm a proud mom, that's for sure!
- You met your "aunt" Donna this week! She has waited patiently to see you!
- You've been practicing sitting up this week. You never want to just be propped up anymore. You always use your stomach muscles to pull yourself forward!
Love you, little monkey.