(Blogger's been giving me issues with posting pics! Finally worked...so finally posting last week's pics!)
16 Week Pics:
17 Week Stats - May 26, 2011
- You definitely started your "teething" stage this week. Not only drooling a ton, but you have been SO CRANKY. You shriek frequently, and especially when I set you down. You just overall are more grumpy. Or were for about 3 days. Then I sent daddy to the store to get some teething gel, and so far, so good! It seems to really help you out and you are less upset. You make the funniest face when I put the gel on your gums though...must taste funky!
- You are really good now at putting your binky in your mouth. You like to just hold it at your mouth, lick it and talk to it.
- You went to the Keizer Iris Parade with mommy and daddy on Saturday. Your first parade! You fell asleep...
- Your aunt Chelsea is letting you use your cousin Lincoln's bouncy chair. You like it because you can sit up higher/straighter and your toys are strapped right to it at arms reach.
- When we say "kiss" and pucker our lips, you open your mouth and start licking the air, waiting for us to get our lips close enough to lick. :) It's endearing... for now. hehe
- You REALLY started laughing this week! We took you into our chiropractor's office (Dr. Dyson), and the receptionist Renee made you CRACK up! You were laughing for about 20 minutes! Silly mommy started recording you on my little camera, but didn't think about it being sideways... oh well... :)
- When I put you on my lap and you know its feeding time, you grin SO big!
- We took out your second head rest in your car seat and raised the straps to the second notch this week. You look like such a big boy in your seat!
- You fart loudly... all.the.time. Seriously. All the time. It's hysterical.
- You started smiling really big this week. Your gums show when you smile now.
- You're also getting good at holding your teething toys in your mouth now. You like to sit in your chairs and play with your toys like a big boy. Sometimes you grab your binky out of your mouth and fling it across the room.
- Since you've gotten so good at grabbing things now, you sometimes yank on your binky strap, pull the binky out of your mouth, look at me and shriek...because I'm such a bad mommy for pulling it out of your mouth...
- On that note, I AM such a bad mommy! Oh My Goodness! The other day you were having a HARD day, not wanting to nap. I HAD to run to the store really quickly. You screamed and screamed in the car and fell asleep just as we pulled up to Target. I carefully tried to pull you out and put you in your carrier and I accidentally snapped the top part of your ear into it! You woke up with a jolt and SCREAMED (rightly so). I felt so terrible! Your face was bright red from crying. You finally calmed down and fell asleep again as we were leaving. I tried to carefully take you out of your carrier, and I bonked your head on the car! Again you woke up shrieking... *sigh* I felt awful. (Pamela assured me that we all do it and it will happen again...I guess that's reassurance anyway...haha).
- You had a play date with Grandma Anderson and your cousin Lincoln this week. Link is SO curious about you. He just stares at you. And when you cry, so does he... so, don't cry honey! :)
- The weather cleared up a bit and Daddy, Mommy and you took a walk to Keizer Rapids Park this week. We walked all through the forest and down to the river. You got all tuckered out and were fast asleep by the time we got down to the water.
- (51 was your daddy's football number!)
You are my baby and I am your momma.
And I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Love you, sweet thing.