Other 8 Week Pictures:
Two months old!
You look like such a little dude in this jacket!
9 Week Stats - March 31, 2011
- This week, I've sometimes put you in your car seat sitting in front of the pellet stove for naps. You seem to really love this. You just sit quietly or coo a little bit and stare at the fire until you drift off warmly into sleep. :)
- Your fingers are starting to look more like Daddy's - your pointer finger gets small towards the tip. Your thumb looks like Grandpa Anderson's though!
- One day, you were pretty mellow and just sitting contently in my arms, and as soon as Daddy got home from work and walked through the door, you gave him the BIGGEST grin ever! You love your Daddy. :)
- When I pick you up, you've started putting your arm around my shoulder like a real "big kid"! I love it.
- I think you might have your mama's drinking problem... often when you are eating, you stop to cough a few times... like you're choking...you also do this randomly, like maybe choking on your slobber? Sorry lil guy. I'll buy you a thermos with a straw someday. :)
- When you wake up in the middle of the night with a wet diaper or you're hungry, you don't cry or fuss at all. You just kick your legs and flail your arms until I wake up. This is a much more pleasant way to wake up than to a screaming baby. Thank you
- Mommy's gotten better about laying you down to sleep at around 8 o'clock in your cradle in our bedroom and having you sleep there until you wake up to eat (usually around midnight or one) and then snuggling with you in bed for the rest of the night. It's nice to stretch out and sleep by myself some, but sleeping with you is my most favorite part of my day. I just love snuggling with you...even though you sleep just fine by yourself too. :)
- You snuggled with cousin Andrea and her growing baby bump this week. You'll get to have another baby boy playmate in August! You are going to have so many buddies to hang out with while you're growing up!
- You roll over from your tummy to your back all the time now. You don't mind being on your tummy, but you just always end up on your back again.
- You are seriously so strong. Yesterday while I was holding you, you seemed to want to "stand" on me, so I just leaned you up against my chest and let you stand on my legs and you held yourself up (with just leaning on me) for about 5 minutes!! Aren't you supposed to be a few months older before you do that?! You obviously got the "freakishly strong" Anderson genes...
- Remember how I said your fingernails grow super fast and I can hardly keep up with cutting them? (At least twice a week...) Well, this week Daddy said that your hands look like your future sister Ellery's... I'm sorry he called you that. ;)
- I keep thinking that your feet haven't grown at all but that I must just not realize that they have. But this week I came across your pretty birth cert with your footprints on it, and it really does look like your feet are the same length still...
- When you were first born, people would always hold you and look to their spouse and say, "I can't remember when ours were this small!" I thought they were crazy! As I was putting away some of your newborn clothes this week, I held up the little tiny white onesie that used to be the only thing that fit you, and thought to myself, "how was he that small!?" ... :( You are growing sooo fast!
- You turned 2 months old on Sunday the 27th!!! gah! I already feel like your birthday will be here before we know it.
- We went to Sammy's birthday party on Friday night and you got to experience your first bunko party ever! You slept through most of it... Someday you'll be more ecstatic. :)
- You met our friend Katie this week and fell asleep in her arms.
- You have started sucking on your fingers a lot.
- You've also started drooling a lot more in the last couple days... teething already?? eek.
- A little boy came up to me this week and asked if he could "pet my baby"... :) He gave you a couple nice pats on the head and walked off without another word.
- You saw the new house we'll be living in for the next 4 or 5 years!
I love you.