Two Weeks Old!
Two Week Stats - February 10th, 2011
- Last Friday at your one week appointment, you weighed 7 lb 9 oz. You had gained back your birth weight plus one oz!
- Also at your appointment, I was weighed. I weighed in at 139 - I had lost 18 of the 22 lbs gained in a week! Yay!
- At your two week appointment you weighed 8 lbs even!! You are getting chubbier cheeks and mommy very much loves that.
- At two weeks, mommy weighs 135.5 - only .5 more than when I started at Bella Vie with you! Whoo hoo! You keep gaining and mommy keep losing, ok?? ;)
- This week your eyes have gotten even more clear! You are definitely looking right at us now. :) It's so cool to communicate through our eyes with you.
- You are STILL sleeping like a champ! Last Saturday night you slept for 7.25 hours straight!! OHH YA!
- And... you are still eating like a champ. During the day that is. :) You eat nonstop during the day - probably to make up for only eating every 4 or 5 hours at night.
- You went to Portland this week and spent the whole day shopping with mom and dad. You did so good the whole time.
- We are finding that it takes a million times longer to do things with a baby. Not because you're a baby. But because people stop us and want to talk about the baby [you] for 10 minutes each. They especially want to talk about your hair.
- You do not like sitting in your car seat. But once you are in the car, you fall asleep in a matter of minutes, but wake up immediately when we stop the car.
- You still always hold your pinky up when you are feeding. Daddy calls it your pressure gauge - because you hold it firmly against my breast. Daddy says you use your pinky to gauge how much milk is left. :)
- You still sleep with us at night. I think that's why you sleep so well! You are just like me when I was a baby - always wanting to be held and cuddled. I just wanted to be held all the time and I'd go right to sleep. You are exactly the same, which is totally adorable, but also makes it hard to get things done around the house.
- When I put you on my chest to sleep, you always squirm your way up to my neck. You learned that you can put your big toe inside my belly button to push yourself up higher on me. Daddy says you are practicing rock climbing.
- You had your first blow out this week, which led to an impromtu bath at Grandma Miller's. Mommy took mental note to pack more than just one extra pair of clothes.
- Daddy had taken this week off of work (as well as last week), so we told our friends and family "no visitors, please!" this week and just enjoyed having you all to ourselves.
- You have gained another nickname: One Eyed Winky. You actually had it last week, but I forgot to write it down. This week I caught it on film. :) We call you One Eyed Winky because whenever you are feeding, you look up at me with one eye open and one eye closed...even if your head isn't resting on my arm...it's just always the one eye. :)
- Your hair is getting a little bit lighter colored already.
- You went to your first church service this week at Salem First Nazarene.
- You went to your first restaurant this week, when you and mommy had lunch with Grandma Miller and Aunt Donna at Sizzler. You did wonderful!